The staff at the Swedish National Maritime and Transport Museums who shall have access to the data, shall require such access in order to perform their duties. In addition to the disclosure of personal data that the agency is required to carry out based on the principle of public access to official records, Swedish National Maritime and Transport Museums uses data processors in certain cases. A data processor is a company that processes information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
We have data processors who help us with:
- Marketing and information (services for newsletters and printed information, media and web agencies, distribution).
- Booking and services (event, exhibition and course management).
- IT and web services (companies which provide essential operating, development, technical support and maintenance services for our IT and web solutions).
Companies that operate as independent data controllers
We will also share your personal data with certain companies who act as independent data controllers. The fact that a data controller is independent means that we do not control how the information that is provided to the company is processed.
Independent data controllers with which we share personal data are:
1. Government agencies (the police, tax agency and other public agencies) if we are obliged to do so by law, or in the event of a suspected crime.
2. Companies which offer payment solutions (card payment companies, banks and other payment service providers).
When your personal data is shared with a company which is an independent data controller, the company’s integrity and personal data processing shall apply.